Postfix authentication question

Julian Plamann bofh at ox.cx
Sun Sep 8 17:06:32 PDT 2002

Hello,
    I have a situation here in which I need to authenticate users on my
(postfix) mail server through a standard Unix passwd file in a
non-standard location.
    The passwd file is basically an exact replica of a typical
/etc/passwd file. It contains user login shell/homedir/uid and the
encrypted (MD5) passwords.It will be in a location like:
/etc/postfix.passwd or /usr/local/postfix/etc/passwd or something of
that nature. Do any of you have an idea as to how I could force Postfix
to read from this file? If Qmail would be a better alternative for this
situation, feel free to say so. I'm willing to switch if need be.

Thanks 8)

   --Julian

--
Julian Plamann <bofh at ox.cx>   \  http://ox.cx/~julian