[NBLUG/talk] WINS lookups with Squid?

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Thu Apr 17 15:29:00 PDT 2003

I've set up a proxy server here at my work and have been generating reports
monthly to determine the performance of the server.  The program however is
only giving me IP addresses of the hosts on the internal network.  The
machines on the internal network DHCP for their addresses from a WinNT
Server, which also runs WINS to collate the browse lists between the two
offices I administrate.  I would like to have Squid do a WINS lookup on each
IP address so I can have the host name of each machine for easier report
readability.  Any suggestions?  Anything else I can think of would either 1)
not be dynamic or 2) take too much time to configure.  I am using calamaris
to generate the reports.

Specs:
Redhat 7.2
squid-2.4.STABLE6-6.7.3
calamaris-2.50-1

Any ideas or suggestions would be cool, no matter how silly. :)

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116