[NBLUG/talk] Linux certifications (was RE: LinuxWorld San Fra ncisco 2003 Registration is Open!)

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Thu Apr 17 15:40:03 PDT 2003

Thank you Mr. Rainwater.  I appreciate the information.  Would you say the
information that you don't use (you mentioned that you don't use the server
information) was still very educational and interesting?  Did you find the
exams to be poorly worded?  With the M$ exams I've been studying for, many
of the questions seem worded so that a question that would normally be
common-sense, suddenly requires knowing the exact words of their text-book
to answer correctly.  Are many of the questions obscure (the most notable
complaint I heard from participants last year)?

My goals for this would be to enhance to my resume.  I am already pursuing
some of the M$ certification (Networking Essentials and Networking
Infrastructure).  In about two years I'm looking to move on from my current
job and continue on in something more profitable and want to be prepared.
(My current job is a dead-end and not very well paying)

If I decide to take this certification outside of LWE, how much does it
typically cost, and how much for materials, etc?

Thank you again,

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116