[NBLUG/talk] DSL provider recommendations?

Steve srj at adnd.com
Tue Apr 22 09:58:00 PDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 11:55:26AM -0400, Bob Blick wrote:
> > I am particularly interested in someone who does not require a one year
> > commitment.  If somebody is afraid that I may want to cancel, I question
> > how confident they are that their customers are satisfied.
>
> Covad doesn't require a commitment for their slowest plan, 384/128
> @$39/month.

Just an FYI, PacBell doesn't require commitments anymore either.  I believe
that they have not required one for a while now.

I've had PacBell DSL via Sonic.net for several years..
Well since Sonic started offering it.. I was one of the first few to get
it..   I have been very happy with it, and very happy with Sonic.net's
service.  (No I don't work there anymore)  I love the fact that Sonic.net
gives me 4 static IP addresses at not extra charge, I can even get 8 IPs
for a small monthly fee if I need them.

I also like the fact I don't need to deal with PPPOE all tho people I
have talked to that do use PPPOE don't seem to mind, so it
probably isn't a bad thing.  Just one less thing to try to figure out how
to config on my Linux box =)

The spam tools at sonic are cool, I don't use them because I also have a
colo and sonic and I have my own spam tools.
 But every thing I see about them in the news groups is positive.

I highly recommend Sonic.net (Mention someone else's name, I don't
need another T-Shirt that I wont wear lol).   Good luck with your decision.

-Steve
AKA: LinuxNut

--
----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."