[NBLUG/talk] DSL provider recommendations?

error error at sonic.net
Tue Apr 22 10:27:00 PDT 2003

> Now FYI, if you can look into services provided by ATG. I had a 1.1Mbps
> SDSL line with ATG for $80.00 a month. I payed MegaPath/Covad $340.00
> for a similar line.

ATG on the other hand is the worst company on the face of this planet
when it comes to customer service.

Things only get done when you walk to their office and have a face to
face conversation with the people that work there.

I know someone that has a mispelled login because somewhere along the
line someone made a typo on his login. They told him it would take him
3-6 weeks to change it.

With that said, I once had an uncapped DSL line with them (it took
forever to get it setup) and it exceeded 8/3mb a sec. It was amazingly
fast for $69 or what ever it was a month.

The problem was that they never got back to me about anything.

Like the remote root holes on their servers that made me stop using
their services.

This is one area where Sonic can't really be beaten, if I call sonic, I
know I will be helped quickly.

With that said, free bandwidth anyday.

--
error <error at sonic.net>