[NBLUG/talk] DSL provider recommendations?

William L. Thomson Jr. support at obsidian-studios.com
Tue Apr 22 10:29:00 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 13:24, Eric Eisenhart wrote:

> I know people that have had good results with Speakeasy.net.

Speakeasy and MegaPath pretty much use Covad's infrastructure for the
most part.

Maybe not for ADSL but yes for SDSL. I am pretty sure ADSL as well. A
year or two ago if you went to Covad directly you would end up with
either Speakeasy or Megapath like I was. Now Covad takes direct
customers, and there is a slight discount to going direct with Covad.

> Also, there's always www.dslreports.com with prequal checks for multiple
> LECs followed by a listing of ISPs that claim to support service at the
> location you just checked for.  (and links to reviews of those ISPs...)

Excellent resource, recommend it, and live by it for the most part.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.