[NBLUG/talk] Terminal window not working revisited

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Aug 2 09:54:01 PDT 2003

Bill -

Think I am getting close, but I need your Linux expertise.

I went into the KDE and typed gnome-terminal.  Terminal came up but *no*
prompt.  Then I thought I was "losing it"...knew I saw the prompt
yesterday.  Then a light went on: I was logged in as todd; not root..

So, I get the prompt as root; not as todd.  When I do get the prompt,
$SHELL is /bin/bash .

What piece to the puzzle am I missing?

Todd