[NBLUG/talk] X11, Xinerama, and Kernel Updates -dual monitors and redhat

troy fryman at sonic.net
Tue Aug 12 14:24:00 PDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:41:53AM -0700, Dave Rohling wrote:
> When I ran the up2date on my Redhat 9.0 box, which was properly configured
> for dual monitors, the update broke my dual monitor configuration. My video
> driver and XF86Config file are still there, and when I boot into the
> previous kernel, it works. Any idea what could have changed? Does this mean
> it is something in the Kernel itself?

Take a look at /var/log/XFree86*log
I find it easier to look at this big file with grep:
	grep WW /var/log/XFree86.0.log
will show you warnings, while
	grep EE /var/log/XFree86.0.log
will show you errors.

Your log might be named slightly differently.

If you don't spot anything useful yourself, post the output of the above
command to the list.

-troy