[NBLUG/talk] #nblug IRC help

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Aug 22 09:33:01 PDT 2003

What a wonderful resource this is. I just noticed that there was an IRC
chat room for the group which made me think: wish I could go there.

Here's a poblem that I've had since I've had a linux box routing for my
network: IRC doesn't work for any of the networked machines.

I once posted this problem to one of the sonic newsgroups and several days
later got pointed to a module that should do the trick, but it didn't seem
to work, or perhaps I did it wrong. My server is using firestarter for
nat/routing and is a RH 8.0 machine. I'm going to upgrade to 9.0 in the
near future. At the time I just droped it as it looked like it was going
to take too much time for a minor annoyance, but I really would like to
understand whats going on and fix it.

                                       Walter Hansen
                                       aka Gandalf Retlaw