[NBLUG/talk] mutt question

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Thu Aug 28 19:25:01 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 04:21:02PM -0700, Cal Herrmann wrote:
> Please, how do I get mutt to _not_ delete from the isp-server?  Sometimes
> I want to leave items on, to read in Kmail.
> Thanks, Cal

It sounds like maybe you are deciding whether or not to keep an email on
an email by email basis, so I'm not sure if this is as helpful as the
previous replies, but I set this in my .fetchmailrc file:

username 'myISPuserName' there with password 'myPassword' is 'myLocalName' nokeep

[The above .fetchmailrc entry is all on one line]

'nokeep' tells fetchmail to delete the email from the mail server.  To
have fetchmail leave it there, you say 'keep'.  So this is the default
behavior for every email.

- Dave Sisley