[NBLUG/talk] pcmcia: Atmel card - Solution

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Mon Dec 1 09:58:00 PST 2003

I've solved my problem, with thanks to ME for some help.  He had
suggested that the problem was with the driver itself, not my
kernel/pcmcia-cs setup.  I had also found a posting via google where
somebody just took out some lines from one of the source files in the driver.

I poked through all the files included with the atmelwlandriver
download and found the file that gives out the 'CardServices release
does not match!' error.  The file is called 'fastvnet_cs.c'.  I just
commented out the lines (732-736) that sends out the error message and
returns (-1).

I re-compiled the driver and voila!  Now, the card fires up right away
when inserted.  Works like a charm.

If it's any help to anybody in the future, I have a page on my website
that gives a little information on getting Belkin cards to work under
linux.  Here's the URL:

http://users.arczip.com/habsmoi/wirelessInfo.html

As of this minute, I haven't added this latest info, but hopefully, I
will add it today.

-dave.