[NBLUG/talk] Update on apache and debian issue.

Steve srj at adnd.com
Mon Dec 1 12:39:00 PST 2003

If you guys remember, I had an issue where calling sub directories
with out a end / woudl give me  a 404 error.

example
http://www.whatever.com/test
would 404 error yet

http://www.whatever.com/test/
would work just fine.

Here is what the solution is.

in DocumentRoot you need to  add an ending / on the directory name.

Example in my  httpd.conf on the failing system it looked like this

DocumentRoot /home/www

This would cause me to get the 404 errors.

SO I changed it to

DocumentRoot /home/www/

And now all works the way it should =)

-Steve

--
----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."