[NBLUG/talk] Shuttle XPC N41G2 on Linux

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Fri Dec 26 16:01:02 PST 2003

doesn't look like there's much support for the realtek ethernet controller
that's in the nforce2 chipset.  nor for the realtek ieee1394 controller.
bummer - i've been looking at buying a shuttle sometime around
spring...now i don't have to worry about buying one and it not working - you
get to be first ;)

i'm assuming that the nvidia page you went to is:

  http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.0-0261

that seems to be the latest rev of their linux drivers for the nforce2
chipset.  if that is the place you went, it's not kernel patches, but is in
fact kernel modules for the network and sound chips.  from reading over the
docs, it looks pretty simple - download the appropriate binary/sounce
package and install.  what happens when you try to load the various modules
according to the docs?

-dustin