[NBLUG/talk] New mailing list software

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Wed Feb 12 23:45:01 PST 2003

In case it wasn't really obvious earlier today, we've switched to new
mailing list software called Mailman.  This software is generally easier to
use than what we were using before, and offers some administrative features
we wanted, as well.

To subscribe, unsubscribe, edit your settings (such as, say, receiving a
daily digest instead of individual posts) or read archives (all the way back
to 1999!) go to:
or:

Messages to "announce-request at nblug.org" and "talk-request at nblug.org" with
things like "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" or "help" in the subject line will
usually either do what you want or tell you how to do what you want.

This mailing list software does deal with who it thinks is "on" the mailing
list, so if you send messages and they're held and come through later, you
may want to change your subscription address.

Otherwise, for most things, it should all be the same: announce will be a
message now and then, talk will be general discussion about just about
anything; send a message to "talk at nblug.org" just the same as before, etc.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore for Life