[NBLUG/talk] KSUN @ SSU

aaron at technolounge.org aaron at technolounge.org
Tue Feb 18 20:04:01 PST 2003

Hey guys, I'm a quasi-long term lurker and wanted to see if maybe I could get
a little help for my cause here. I am currently the IT director at KSUN,
Sonoma State's online radio station -- www.sonoma.edu/ksun

We currently send a single stream to a company called live365.com who then re-
distributes the stream to other clients. The only problem is with them we
cannot have a high-bandwith stream, as we have elected to use them for our low-
bandwith (33k) stream and they won't allow us to have a high+low bandwith
stream even though we have a paid account.

Now as an audiophile I really can't stand 33k audio and it makes it painful
for me (and I'm sure a large group of other students) to listen to it, and I'm
sure many of you can relate.

I know that many of the people on this list have great connections to sources
of bandwith and I was wondering if there was anyone that could assist us with
some resources. We have an incredibly small budget, but if there is anyone out
there who can donate a little towards us, it'd go a long way.

Thanks a lot for any leads this may produce,

Aaron W