[NBLUG/talk] KSUN @ SSU

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Tue Feb 18 22:15:01 PST 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 08:43:24PM -0800, augie wrote:
> from what i understand the university has gobbs of bandwidth. dustin
> would know better, but i think multiple T3's or something else
> obscene. if ksun takes their streaming in house they shouldn't have a
> problem with bandwidth.

always willin' to stick *my* neck out there, aren't ya, aug?  ;)

seriously, though...we have many, many megabits of bandwidth.  i believe the
number i last heard was 40, but i can't be sure.  i can say that i've seen
graphs of our traffic utilization, and it's amazing how popular p-to-p is on
campus....can't imagine why ;) should i mention i've heard talk about
converting the csu network (formally known as 4cnet, formerlly known as
csunet) to gig-e (course that won't help our connectivity to the outside
world...but....)?  nah...probably shouldn't.

i contacted aaron over aim.  we chatted.  he's getting me a wish-list of
things ksun would like to have.  i'll see what i can do about bending some
ears in i.t.

-d