[NBLUG/talk] New subscriber to the list!

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Jul 5 08:27:01 PDT 2003

On the sugestion of Mike, I have joined this list in hopes of having
some Linux beginner's questions answered and in time, be able to help
other beginners.

Briefly, I have been involved with computers since the 70's and in 1993
decided to stop having two careers (dentisry and software developer) and
do just consulting.  I am not a "systems guru"; just writer of DB
oriented applications - mainly in the arena of class action lawsuit
administration.  About three years ago, I installed Red Hat Linux on an
old 90 MHz box just for fun.  It has been sitting in the corner of my
office humming along *BUT* it has become VERY important for me.  My
clients use it to FTP their apps and I use it for creating PHP apps.

Now I have a newer computer with RH 9 but I need to re-compile Apache
with PHP that has the Interbase extensions (my client uses Interbase).
Though I understand the concepts, I am lost when it comes to the syntax
to do this.  Any references to literature would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.........

Todd

Petaluma, CA