[NBLUG/talk] New subscriber to the list!

Micxz (lovedialup.com) an_email at micxz.com
Sat Jul 5 20:47:00 PDT 2003

> I am not sure where to put this command...at what stage in the process
> Mike detailed so well.  The "phpinfo()" command says that Interbase is
> not included: http://209.204.172.137:8080/testphp.php.
>
> In the system I put together 3 years ago, I was able to integrate it:
> http://209.204.172.137:8080/testphp.php
>
> In spite of the negative reports I have read about Apache 2, I would
> like to try and use the issued RH 9 setup with just the addition of
> Interbase (which I have installed) in PHP.
>
> Maybe I am asking for something that is not possible.  However, isn't
> there some script that is part of my RH 9 that tells PHP what to include
> during the setup?
>
> Sorry for these questions, but as I have said, this is a world that
> speaks a different language (and I think it is quite a bit simpiler than
> the Windows environment - just have to learn it).

I hope this helps:

Steps to follow:

IMPORTANT: Login as user root.

Uninstall apache with the tool rpm: rpm -e apache It's possible that rpm
warns for conflicting dependencies. In this case remove all dependent
packets. To remove apache without any dependency check use command:
rpm -e --nodeps apache

Untar (unpack) the apache packet (tarball) to the /tmp directory:
tar xzfv apache_1.3.X.tar.gz

Change to the directory (cd /tmp/apache_1.3.X) and then configure apache
with DSO enabled and with the base directory /usr/local/apache:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-shared=max

Compile apache:
make

Install Apache:
make install

Now it's time to install InterBase. (SKIP THIS AND NEXT STEP IF it's
already installed.) Untar InterBase to the directory /tmp:
tar xfv InterBaseSS_LI-B6.0.tar

Change to the directory (cd /tmp).Execute the install script:
./install.sh /tmp/InterBaseSSB6.0-LI.tgz

If you want to install the ClassicServer you have to do the same steps
as I have desribed above.

Accept the default directory
The newest version of IB installs to /opt/interbase
If you need the directory /usr/interbase set a softlink to the directory
/opt/interbase like so:
ln -s /opt/interbase /usr/interbase

Last but not least you now have to install PHP... untar PHP to the
directory /tmp:
tar xzfv php-4.0.0.tar.gz

Change to the directory (cd /tmp/php-4.0.0) and configure PHP to support
InterBase and with apxs and trackvars enabled:
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-interbase
--enable-trackvars

Now you only have to compile and install PHP:
make && make install

Finally enable PHP in the file /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf. Find
exactly this, "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php" to http.conf. You
only have to remove the # symbol from the beginning of the line.

Now start apache with the command /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl and
the parameter start:
cd /usr/local/apache/bin
./apachectl start

Now start InterBase with:
cd /usr/interbase/bin
./ibguard &

NOTE: If you have installed the ClassicServer you have to restart the
inetd with:
./killall -1 inetd

There is no need to start the ClassicServer by hand.

have a lot of fun...................

--
Micxz