[NBLUG/talk] Samba running slow...

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Tue Jul 15 10:17:00 PDT 2003

Coy -

Thank you for your assistance.  If this was just in my PC/NT network, I
would be able to troubleshoot it easier, but the fact I am learning my
way around Linux complicates it for me.

<<<

First, ensure that the network number and subnet mask on both the pc and the
linux box are within the same network.  Eg 192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.0.0/24
are not on the same network.

The fixed IP for the Linux box is 192.168.0.22.  I do not know where/how this is set in RH Linux.  My son built the box and installed RH 9 using the GUI functions.

<<<
If one side is
100M, full duplex, then the other side must be that as well.  If one side is
set to auto-detect the settings, then the other side should be set to

The NIC on the PC is set to Auto_Mode, but I am not sure how to find/set this on the RH Linux box.

Todd
auto-detect as well.