[NBLUG/talk] Java plug-in - Mozilla

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Thu Jul 17 10:40:02 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 10:38:59AM -0700, E Frank Ball wrote:
} I just did this a couple weeks ago.  You have to get the correct version
} of the java plugin for the compiler version used by RedHat 9.

Mark wrote:
} Which version of Mozilla are you using?  There are known issues if you
} use a java plug-in compiled with a different version of gcc than Mozilla
} was compiled with (see the bottom of

I'm using the mozilla that comes with RedHat 9.

} The file I got was j2re-1_4_1_03-linux-i586-rpm.bin
}
} You need a symbolic link in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins:
} libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
} /usr/java/j2re1.4.1_03/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so
}
} Restart mozilla and look under help, plugins and java should show up.
}
} You need to make sure java is turned on in mozilla, it was off by
} default.  Edit, preferences, advanced: turn on java.  It's not under
} scripts, that's only javascript.
}
} I think that was everything.
}
} This page is a quick easy test to see if java is working:
}
} http://www.bodo.com/javame.htm

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com