[NBLUG/talk] ssh behind NAT

Steve srj at adnd.com
Wed Jul 23 09:37:01 PDT 2003

I just put my home network behind a NAT Box (Linksys WiFI
switch/router) and now my ssh clients if left open die.

I only read mail in my linux shell, so I like to keep my ssh session
open all day and in my mail client (Mutt), but seems after an hour or so
(not really sure how long) I come back and I'm disconnected.

This is not a shell time out, the connection just goes away.  I read
somewhere that this does happen when behind a NAT box, and I thought I
read about a fix for it, but I do not remember what it is, anyone know?

-Steve

--
----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."