[NBLUG/talk] Is this the correct approach

Micxz (lovedialup.com) an_email at micxz.com
Sun Jul 27 11:00:03 PDT 2003

Todd Cary wrote:

> Some days ago, many of you helped me compile Apache with PHP configured
> with some extensions that are not included with the "out of the box" RH
> 9.  What happened is the part of Linux that starts Apache was not
> configured to the new Apache that I created - most likely I did not
> create the new Apache in the correct directory - even though I ran the
> RMP uninstall.  The end result was that Apache would not start - could
> not be found.
>
> What I would like to do is two fold:
>
> 1) Learn more about the startup sequence of Linux and Apache
> 2) Learn where Apache is located in RH 9
>
> If I can find out where Apache is currently installed, can I create the
> new Apache in the same location so that it will be started the same as
> the current one?
>
> Trying to learn....
>
> Todd
> --

Hi Todd'

"RMP uninstall" looks like you uninstalled apache?
Did you install a new version in another place than the default?

What happens when you try these commands:

rpm -qa | grep apache

or

rpm -qa | grep httpd

I mention both bacaue I'm not sure it you installed 1.3.28 or the new
one 2.0.47?
If you installed version 2 and did not specify a "PREFIX" it will
install to:
/usr/local/apache2

I hope this helps you;

--