[NBLUG/talk] Profiles

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Wed Jul 30 13:47:01 PDT 2003

Maybe this little tool will help you.  I heard of it sometime back from the
other troy (Engel).  Definitely a scriptable solution though...  Even if it
prompts you on boot for which profile to boot as part of the networking
scripts.

QuickSwitch 1.02 (quickswitch.sourceforge.net)
Mohit Muthanna (www.muthanna.com)
Paul Seamons (www.seamons.com) (perl at seamons.com)

$Id: README,v 1.9 2003/01/23 16:03:53 muthanna Exp $

Introduction
------------

QuickSwitch is a little utility that lets linux/Unix laptop users create and
use roaming network profiles. Instead of individually reconfiguring the
network
card, changing DNS entries, hosts files etc. it lets you create one
centralized
file for all your different profiles. So if you keep moving around with your
laptop (like myself) and have to keep reconfiguring everything over and over
again; this might just make your life a wee bit easier. QuickSwitch also lets
you configure all your network settings over the command line (in one line),
including the default route and DNS addresses. This saves you the hassle
of going out and editing files one by one.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer