[NBLUG/talk] Mandrake 9.1 on a my laptop

Rob Orsini orsini at sonic.net
Fri Jun 6 12:13:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have a Toshiba 1625CTD laptop wasting valuable resources running
WinXP.  I just installed Mandrake 9.1 on another box (not a laptop) for a
friend and noticed some laptop support functionality among the menu items
(KDE 3.1).  Last time I put Redhat 7.3 on this laptop it couldn't handle
closing the lid which I'm guessing is due to some unsupported power
management stuff.  Does anyone have any thoughts on how well the new
Mandrake might work on this box, or laptops in general?

-Rob