[NBLUG/talk] NBLUG website critique

ME dugan at passwall.com
Mon Jun 9 00:42:00 PDT 2003

troy said:
> On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 09:55:39PM -0700, Rob Orsini wrote:
>> The use of the center tag for positioning graphics and navigation
>> elements
>> is not what I was referring to.  I was referring to  text in the body
>> area
>> of all of the pages.  If I had to apply one rule to the site it would be
>> left align any text content, saving centering for emphasis of headings
>> and
>> the like.  To me, this would make the content much easier to digest.
>
> I agree.  The center aligned content is a little distracting.

I was finally able to find a web browser that duplicated what you described.

It seems that web browser applied the center tages for the table to
include the content within the table as well. I have stopped centering the
table and let the table fall where it may.

(Though I could close the center from within the table, that would be a
violation of the HTML 4.0 specification.)

Please let me know if this fix also offers you left justified text in the
main text area. (I agree with you, centered text looks awful for general
text. If I would have seen it that way before , I think I would have
chenged it sooner.

Thanks for the feedback!

-ME