[NBLUG/talk] DV to VCD's Burn'in it up - The Linux Way.

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Mon Jun 9 11:34:00 PDT 2003

On Monday 09 June 2003 11:18, Scott Doty wrote:
> > [root at duel]# lav2wav /mnt/data/dance.avi | mp2enc -V -o
> > /video/dance-audio.mpg
> >
> > [root at duel]# lav2yuv /mnt/data/dance.avi | yuvscaler -O VCD | mpeg2enc -s
> > -r 16 -o /video/dance.mpg
>
> Wouldn't this yield poorer quality than if you went directly to mpeg?  Or,
> what format does the DV over the firewire come in as?

Probably.....  I can snag it as DV1 or DV2 or rawdv or .... whatever.  I plan
to look into a few more grabbers to go directly to mpeg from the recorder
than creating the intermediate .avi file.

http://www.exploits.org/v4l/

I haven't done very many trials because of time constraints... but the command
line tools above seem to have produced a better product than kino exporting
an mpeg from the .avi file.

> > [root at duel]# mplex -f 1 /video/dance.mpg /video/dance-audio.mpg -o
> > /video/dance.mpg
>
> Looks like you're reading and writing from the same file -- does that work
> okay, or have I misunderstood the command line?

My boo boo copying my notes, put dance-final.mpg after the -o

mplex -f 1 /video/dance.mpg /video/dance-audio.mpg -o /video/dance-final.mpg

It's been a long weekend......

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer