[NBLUG/talk] gnucash on Knoppix 3.2

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Thu Jun 12 08:19:00 PDT 2003

Morning, all.

I've installed Debian via the Knoppix 3.2 CD and love it. I chose it after
running Knoppix 3.1 for a couple of weeks and decided to commit to Debian.

On the 3.1 installation gnucash auto-installed and ran. On the newer version
it was not installed and when I try to apt-get install I get the following
message:
-------

or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  gnucash: Depends: libdb3 (>= 3.2.9-18) but 3.2.9-17 is to be installed
           Depends: libgwrapguile1 (>= 1.3.4-5) but 1.1.11-5 is to be
installed
E: Sorry, broken packages
--------
I don't understand the subtleties of apt well enought to coerce an install of
gnucash. Can anyone shed any light on this or direct me? Thanks.

Also, if it helps, here is my apt.conf file:
---
APT::Default-Release "testing";
APT::Cache-Limit 10000000;
Apt::Get::Purge;