[NBLUG/talk] xine problem (RH8.0}

Jim Bianchi jimbo at sonic.net
Fri Jun 13 18:38:01 PDT 2003

	I've installed xine on my laptop. It went well, and I can now view
DVDs. Only, both video and audio have annoying and distracting pauses that
seem as if they're caused by a buffer emptying and not filling quite fast
enough.

	Also, sometimes some DVDs (always the same ones) will not be read
by xine, even though these play fine on my stand-alone DVD unit. When put
into the drive, the drive will continuously 'seek' (you can hear the noise
of it clicking), and xine will report something about how "there is no
data to be read, perhaps there is no DVD in the drive?"

	I'm using RH 8.0. Can anyone offer any solutions?

--
jimbo at sonic.net       Jim Bianchi   Santa Rosa   California

        Eclectic Garbanzo BBS ** (707) 539-1279 ** 28.8kbps

	Remember Flight 93 -- "Let's roll!"