[NBLUG/talk] Authentication against Active Directory

Warren Raquel wraquel at jacobmarlie.com
Wed Jun 18 19:38:01 PDT 2003

I have a few questions concerning RedHat and authentication. Now, first,
is it possible to authenticate a login against a mixed-mode Active
Directory, or even a native-mode AD? If so, I suppose I would also have
to create an account on the local linux machine to correspond to their
username, right? How would I go about doing this (not the creating the
account but getting authentication set up). I've googled but the mass of
information is mind-boggling, can someone point me in the right direction?

Also, I want to create a mail server that does virtual mail accounts
corresponding to specified AD accounts. The accounts just need IMAP or
POP access (either will do). Anyone have any tips on this? TIA.
--
  Warren Raquel                                  Chief Technical Officer