[NBLUG/talk] What's the Difference?

ME dugan at passwall.com
Wed Jun 25 21:53:01 PDT 2003

ME said:

>>> RedHat is a vendor of Linux, much like Debian, SuSE.
>>
>> And of course, RMS says not to use the term "vendor" with regards to
>> software ;-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>
> Yeah, but "Profit at any cost Evil Corporations disinterested in consumer
> needs" was not appropriate and seems to be in-use by MS.

Distro or Distribution would probably be better for the various Linux
packages, but the above MS description is far to nice. How about a new one
for MS:
"Leader of the undead damned."

True in 1994... Truth and Advertising?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=malepropylene+microdictus&hl=en
&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=CMM.0.90.1.867365817.risko%40chiron.csl.sri.com&rnum=1

OB: Most amusing "hack-like" Linux tool:
chattr
You can chattr files to be immutable and even root cant delete them
without removing the immutable bit. (Of course, there is format...)

-ME