[NBLUG/talk] blog packages, anyone?

Leif leif at sonic.net
Mon Mar 10 08:39:00 PST 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 01:14:06PM -0800, Daniel Smith wrote:

> I am considering using Moveable Type for my server.
> It looks to be powerful, stable, etc.
>
> From a security standpoint, I'm not so wild about the
> fact that it's CGI-based though.  Nothing I can
> put my finger on; I just try to avoid CGI.
>
> Local experts: Any blog package recommendations?  If you
> were going to get something going this month, what
> would you use? (emphasizing security)
>
> thanks folks,
>
> Daniel
>
> p.s.  ME and others that answered my IP aliasing query.  I want
> express thanks via a round of beers!  Perhaps after next
> NBLUG meeting?

I second error's recomendation of blosxom, and also correct his
spelling (It's _pronounced_ blossom, it's spelled blosxom).
	http://www.raelity.org/apps/blosxom/

Most people run it as a cgi, but newer versions have a static-rendering
mode that will build a directory of html files suitable for serving from
a non-cgi host. If you wanted to host a weblog on, say, publicfile, this
would be a great way to do it. Thats the combo Jon Johansen uses:
	http://nanocrew.net/blog/

~leif