[NBLUG/talk] Life with Sonic - followup

Andru Luvisi luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu
Thu May 15 14:02:00 PDT 2003

Well, after all the good things that people said about Sonic I decided to
go that route.  Sorry, we didn't put anybody down as a referral since I
was quite busy and Christina (my wife) did the account signup.

This had an unfortunate side effect.  When I called for tech support, they
would not help me since I was not listed as the account owner and
Christina was not present.  So, I waited for Christina go get home.  When
she spoke with them, all she had to say was that she authorizes me for the
account.  They made no effort to verify that it was really her.  I feel so
good knowing that this "security" is in place, which would not have
stopped me if I were dishonest but made my life difficult since I am
honest... *sigh*

Oh, and apparently they are unable to change the "Account Owner", so I am
an "Authorized User" on Christina's account.  Fabulous.

If it weren't for the "free DSL modem" deal we got, that expired at the
end of last month after we signed up, I would have canceled already.

Still, once they were willing to talk to me things went smoothly.  Maybe
in the future I'll get to experience some of that wonderful Sonic tech
support you all told me about.

Wish me luck,
Andru
--
Andru Luvisi, Programmer/Analyst

Quote Of The Moment:
  Truth is hard to find and harder to obscure.