[NBLUG/talk] Knuth revisited

Steve Zimmerman stevetux at sonic.net
Mon May 26 00:31:02 PDT 2003

Maybe instead of attacking Donald, I should admit my
own feelings of inadequacy in studying him.

When I study, I usually skim until something catches
my interest, then stop, read slowly and take notes.  The
problem is, I've skimmed _The Art of Computer Programming_
(_TAOCP_) several times; _TAOCP_ has never stoked
my interest.

It's not a matter of my not being advanced enough--I'm
lucky in that regard; I can tackle anything that interests
me.  The problem is Knuth never interests me.

Is there any advice as to how to kindle my interest in this
esteemed author?
--
Steve Zimmerman