[NBLUG/talk] [fwd] Sonic extends free DS equipment offer

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Wed May 28 10:16:01 PDT 2003

ok..i'll jump on the bandwagon here.  for those who don't know, sonic
donates the rack space and bandwidth for nblug's server...they have since we
started.  they've been very good to us - always willing to work with us on
our bandwidth usage and being very generous when they ask us to move the
machine from rack to rack in order to help them accomodate paying customers.

aside from the nblug side of things, i've been a sonic customer since before
there was a sonic (uid 506 baby!...anybody remember Sonoma Interconnect??)
and have always been happy with the service.  like the others have said,
they go out of their way to help the linux-using folks (if you know the
correct channels to work, ie, the newsgroups.) aside from a few bsd-based
firewalls, their entire server infrastructure is all linux-based (redhat to
be specific.)

-dustin