[NBLUG/talk] ext3 performance

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sun Nov 23 15:57:00 PST 2003

I didn't read the whole thing. ...  I don't think your writeback idea will be
sufficient though.  I have heard it both ways although it depends on the size
of the files.  Red Hat says to use the writeback option in their filesystem
tuning pages.

I used this paper when I was researching my problems.. which is why I
suggested jfs or xfs for the larger smp system.

http://www.streetchiro.com/filesystem-perf-tm.pdf

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer