[NBLUG/talk] Permissions question

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Fri Oct 17 13:14:00 PDT 2003

Mark -

Many thanks for the assistance!

/etc/passwd: brianpics:x:515:100:brianpics:/home/httpd/brianpics:/bin/bash

id brianpics: uid=515(brianpics) gid=100(users)
groups=100(users),515(brianpics)

/home/httpd permissions: owner - apache; group - adm; permissions -
drwxrwxr--

At this time I have

chroot local_users=YES

to restrict all users, but I will implement the list in the future.

Running RH 9, is user "adm" a default?  I do not remember setting that up.

<<< adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin >>>

Many thanks.........

Todd