[NBLUG/talk] job for experience perl programer

Nat W calvin166 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 22:32:00 PDT 2003

Alot of people are looking for jobs, so i figured id
put this up. i came across it while searching the web.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/jobs/

the following is a quote from their hiring page:

ThinkGeek is hiring! w00t! Open positions are detailed
below. Please e-mail your resume to us at the address
listed in the job description. Text, HTML and PDF
formats are preferred.

Don't be shy, if you've got the skills and want to
work with a pretty fun bunch of geeks, we want to hear
from you!

Senior Programmer

Brief:
Experienced software developer, strong in Perl, SQL
and web application development. Must be able to work
and learn new skills independently when necessary, but
also work in a team environment to develop project
requirements and specifications. Our software is
developed in house, and as such projects will run a
wide gamut of business areas (accounting to warehouse
management, and everything in between). Development
would be on existing suite of software, so an ability
to adapt to and extend an existing architecture is a
must. Responsibilities will include:
web/console/batch/GUI based application development,
participation in requirements and specifications
gathering processes, software quality assurance and
assisting with internal documentation maintenance.

Required:
# 3+ years professional programming experience with
Perl 5
# 4+ years professional experience working with
databases (SQL)
# Extensive knowledge of Apache and familiarity with
Apache module development
# Solid Linux Knowledge (4+ years of experience with
Linux or Unix systems)
# Ability to comprehend and implement complex business
requirements in an exacting manner
# Team oriented personality

Strongly Desired:
# Retail industry software development experience
# XML
# HTML/XHTML
# Web Services development (servers/clients)
# C/C++ experience
# Malboge is a plus

Please Note: We will not accept requests for contract
or consultant work. This position is for individual,
full-time, onsite employment only. Apply only if you
are an individual local to the position or you are
willing to relocate at your own expense. Any resumes
or inquiries not conforming to these requirements will
not be considered.

About The Position:
ThinkGeek is a small, close-knit group of fun and
enthusiastic people who run one of the most successful
geek-related e-commerce sites on the Internet. As part
of VA Software, a publicly held company, ThinkGeek
employees enjoy an excellent benefits package while
enjoying the benefits of working in an exciting
start-up environment in our Fairfax, VA office. This
posting is for a permanent, full time position in our
Fairfax, Virginia office. Only local applicants or
those willing to relocate at own expense will be
considered. Please submit your resume in PDF, HTML or
plain text format to perl-jobs at thinkgeek.com.

=====
- Nat