[NBLUG/talk] bashed

Cal Herrmann calz at eskimo.com
Fri Oct 24 11:34:00 PDT 2003

I am trying to install Word Perfect, from Corel, I had bought the disks
several years ago, installed on another machine for a while.
It installs on Mandrake 8.2, but requires some patches.
I had originally installed on the Corel (Debian) OS, worked fine,
but won't install now on a Corel OS disk.  This is an old Linux, but that
doesn't make any difference for this machine.
The instruction is go to the cdrom as root, type ./setup.
"bash: ./setup: permission denied."
I have looked at man bash, without understanding how it might have been set.
Any ideas?  Thanks, Cal