[NBLUG/talk] strange Konqueror behavior in /home directory

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Mon Oct 27 18:00:05 PST 2003

Anyone had an experience like this?
Yesterday I opened Konqueror, it defaults to my /home/bob directory in file
management mode.

But this time it opened a third level data directory somewhere down the root
directory.

If I choose Parent Directory from the file list, it opens the root directory.
If I choose Up Directory from within Konqueror, it goes up to the /home
directory.

I moved the questionable directory to another partition, but Konqueror still
opens to the former location.

I've renamed .kde and had another .kde directory magically create itself.
Everything works just peachy then, except I've lost all my settings for
Konqueror and Kmail, two programs I use a lot.

Any ideas, folks?

Thanks,

Bob