[NBLUG/talk] snd on Redhat 8.0 (where'd I put my sox)

Scott Doty scott at sonic.net
Wed Oct 29 20:54:00 PST 2003

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 03:47:44PM -0800, Walter Hansen wrote:
>      Snd seems to do all that real easy under the gui, but I think I'll be
> chaseing down dependancies all night. Even if I get sox to do what I
> want I think it would be a good idea to have Snd or something as good
> or better kicking arround. Suggestions?

Audacity rox.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/audacity/?topic_id=113%2C114%2C115%2C120%2C122

I was poking around with audio editors last weekend, and happened across it
-- big plus was it works with OSS.  Another plus is that it seems to allow
unlimited audio tracks.  Dependencies weren't that big a deal, I think it
just needed mad and lame, and something called wxwindows.

Very easy to use, it didn't take me long to become productive with it.

I remember surveying the landscape a couple years ago for Linux audio
editors, and being disappointed -- it is very heartening to see that these
kinds of applications are now available for Linux.

 -Scott