[NBLUG/talk] OS Alternatives.

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Wed Sep 3 11:42:00 PDT 2003

Agreed....  I think RH 7.0 - 9 require at least 40M of RAM to install.  As
I recall I had that problem with a Gateway laptop awhile back.

The disk space is not as much an issue as the RAM is for installer
purposes.

I would go with a network Debian install and see if that goes.  Heck you
can install Debian on just about anything.

I still have that 486 with 32M purring like a kitten on an old Seagate
326M drive.  Smokin!