[NBLUG/talk] Which backup software?

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Fri Sep 5 10:41:01 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 09:45:18AM -0700, Walter Hansen wrote:
> go. I think their even working on having it capable of backing up win
> boxes remotely. I haven't played with it yet though.

I'm not using it, but it can back up windows boxes remotely via the SMB
protocol.  This means it can only backup files, it can't backup the windows
"system state" or reliably backup any kind of database.

In other words, if the servers are all *nix and there's some Windows
workstations, you'd be fine.  You'd want something else in use if you needed
to back up Windows servers, however.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore