[NBLUG/talk] Open Source Java applet for HTML editing

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Mon Sep 8 15:21:00 PDT 2003

<<<
Why Java Only?

My main reason is to replace the component I now have which is
JavaScript, however, I do not have a lot of experience in this arena, so
I might not have the best approach.

Currently, if you look at http://209.204.172.137/example/demo.php , the
"editor" is transparent.  The user just types in text and can change the
font, etc., however, my PHP gets the text in HTML format - really nice.
And all I had to do is replace the <textarea> tag with the JavaScript. tag.

And I saw a Java based product that did the same, but source code was
not available and my client does not want to get stuck if the author
disappears.

Did you try the demo I put together?

Todd