[NBLUG/talk] Virus scanning in linux and sendmail.

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Fri Sep 19 08:00:04 PDT 2003

I've noticed that alot of ISPs now scan e-mails for virus at the MTA
level and remove the attachment if a virus exists.  Is there a software
package (preferably opensource) for linux to do this?  My mail server
which servs mail for about 5 people =) is to small to pay up for a
commercial solution, yet the idea of it is something my friends/family
might like.

As it is now when a new virus/worm/trojan comes out I just write a
procmail filter to send it to the bit bucket.  It would be nice to get
something that gets virus image updates and knows about all the viruses
that I don't know about. =)

-Steve