[NBLUG/talk] Installfest Thanks

Daniel Smith linux2002 at daniel.org
Sun Sep 28 10:46:01 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I wanted to take a moment and thank Andrew, Mike Egan,
and Eric for their help with my Toshiba WiFi attempt
yesterday.

Although we didn't get it working, I think I picked up
a few things by osmosis ... went home, repartitioned
the Linux bit (bigger /, smaller /usr), and reinstalled
from scratch.  I found that by sticking to a 2.2.20
kernel in debian, and matching the pcmcia stuff, and
grabbing the wireless tools (iwconfig), I was
able to get some measure of success!

My skyline WiFi card now connects, but I get frame errors
because something isn't decrypting (but that's a lot
of progress!).  Perhaps the more important bit is that
my PCMCIA 3Com ethernet card is working perfectly.

thanks again,

Daniel

--
Daniel L. Smith - Code, Write, Photo - Sonoma County, CA & New York City
Resume: http://resume.daniel.org     - Blog: http://JavaJoint.com