[NBLUG/talk] A little update...

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Sun Apr 11 14:43:33 PDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 02:34:17PM -0700, Mohandas Gandhi wrote:

} another observation- even with nothing running, apparently
} i am using 95 percent of my memory.  also, the system only
} seems to be reading about 92 total MB of RAM, when i know
} that there is 160 in there.  Thanks--

There is a boot command argument to get a machine to fine all it's RAM,
append mem=160M or something like that.  Look around for exact syntax.

Something must be running, I'm guessing your logged into gnome or kde.
Run "top" then type "M" and see what's using your RAM.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com