[NBLUG/talk] Changed Network

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Thu Apr 29 21:02:07 PDT 2004

Ahh, yeah. I think I did this time. Sorry I meant to post that, but it was
such a little thing in comparison. After looking all over the debian web
site for the info I googled the numbers from the NIC and linux and came
across some posts somewhere that halfway down said it used the eepro100
driver. It's not totally running yet, but it might be before I finish this
post. I'm on my tenth or so install attempt and am getting good at knowing
my way arround the debian install. I even wrote down the configure command
when it appeard on the screen before pressing enter.

Debain is a lot different from RedHat or perhaps it's that I've only seen
the simple install. 'service' got no response, I think that will require a
path addition if memory serves. Also the absense of "ll" caused me to
pause but I think that's a matter of a link. 'host' didn't work, but I
think that's just because the networking packages it uses aren't there
yet. I'm not sure, but I don't think it has the multi-color directory
listing I'm used to, oh well.