[NBLUG/talk] Housecall in Novato needed!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Aug 27 14:48:21 PDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:52:17PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> My dad's Linux box (Debian Woody running KDE 3 backports) seems to be
> broken. :^(

FYI, it was a full filesystem issue (ksymoops filled /var/log, I guess).
Since /tmp is on the same partition, KDE couldn't start, so in the end
it wasn't an X issue at all.

I had had the same problem with Gnome on my wife's desktop a few years ago.
(It was an lpd-related log filling up the partition, I believe)

Thx to Troy for the housecall at my dad's place!  Glad I could help :)

-bill!