[NBLUG/talk] Finding files containing a string

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sun Dec 12 12:52:43 PST 2004

Scott -

After looking up each of the individual commands in "Linux in a
Nutshell", the command line makes sense.  However, I get into my Linux
server every few weeks or so which makes remembering the commands a
challenge.  Has anyone ever published a "Quick Reference"?

O'Reilly's "Linux in a Nutshell" is great if one knows the command to
begin with.  It would be great to have one of those Quick Reference
cards like the one for "vi"; the 100 most used commands in Linux!

Example:

ps -A | grep <process name>

kill -9 <process ID>

Just an idea!