[NBLUG/talk] fedora core 3

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 15 00:08:47 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 23:14 -0700, Caven Marilyn-MGIA4523 wrote:
> Thank you.  There's comfort in know I'm not alone.  :>)

In this situation, I think the question becomes:
Has anyone tried to install Fedora Core 3 and succeeded?  And if so, did
you do anything unusual to make it work (even without knowing it)?

My best guess is that if there are people who successfully burned the
CD's and installed from them, the problem might be one of the following:

1. Corrupted file on the server; either those who succeeded downloaded
it before it got corrupted, or they downloaded after it was fixed.  The
only way to prove this would be to check the MD5SUM (although if you're
*REALLY* unlucky, the MD5SUM will still check out okay).

2. Corrupted file on a mirror; perhaps Marilyn and Nat both downloaded
from a mirror that had a corrupted ISO, but anyone who succeeded
downloaded from a different mirror.  Again, the proof would be in the
MD5SUM.

I suppose that if nobody has been able to install Fedora Core 3, there
could be a bug in the installer program.  However, I would expect such a
bug to be widely publicized (and patched) within hours of the release of
Fedora Core 3, so that scenario is very unlikely.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

I have a simple philosophy: